Skip to content

Sending campaigns on Windows server

edited February 2013 in Troubleshooting

We have Sendy set up on a Windows server and IIS 7.5 successfully – everything works including sending test emails, but sending campaigns does not. I see these series of errors repeated in the php log file:

[14-Feb-2013 14:27:00 America/New_York] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: dbHost in C:\Webs\sendy\includes\helpers\class.amazonses.php on line 77
[14-Feb-2013 14:27:00 America/New_York] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: dbUser in C:\Webs\sendy\includes\helpers\class.amazonses.php on line 77
[14-Feb-2013 14:27:00 America/New_York] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: dbPass in C:\Webs\sendy\includes\helpers\class.amazonses.php on line 77
[14-Feb-2013 14:27:00 America/New_York] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: dbName in C:\Webs\sendy\includes\helpers\class.amazonses.php on line 77
[14-Feb-2013 14:27:01 America/New_York] PHP Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\Webs\sendy\includes\helpers\class.amazonses.php on line 77
[14-Feb-2013 14:27:01 America/New_York] PHP Warning: mysqli_query(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in C:\Webs\sendy\includes\helpers\class.amazonses.php on line 99
[14-Feb-2013 14:27:01 America/New_York] PHP Warning: mysqli_query(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in C:\Webs\sendy\includes\helpers\class.amazonses.php on line 113
[14-Feb-2013 14:27:01 America/New_York] PHP Warning: mysqli_query(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in C:\Webs\sendy\includes\helpers\class.amazonses.php on line 117
[14-Feb-2013 14:27:01 America/New_York] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: ses_send_rate in C:\Webs\sendy\includes\helpers\class.amazonses.php on line 121
[14-Feb-2013 14:27:01 America/New_York] PHP Warning: mysqli_query(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in C:\Webs\sendy\includes\helpers\class.amazonses.php on line 122

The config.php does have the correct settings (as nothing else would work without them). Any ideas?

Comments

• Hi @kraigh,

Sendy's not tested on Windows or IIS. But I'll try my best to help you.

Is the following the correct path to your script?

C:\Webs\sendy\includes\helpers\class.amazonses.php

Thanks.

Ben

• yes it is. however, I decided to try an ec2 instance instead. we were on a shared Godaddy account and the sending was very slow (1-2 per second). the ec2 instance seems to be working., so we can leave the domain as is (coast2costmixtapes.com). i'm just trying to figure out the cron job setup - is this required?

• Hi @kraigh

so we can leave the domain as is (coast2costmixtapes.com)

Yes of course. I suppose you'll be mapping a sub domain to your EC2 IP? As long as the main domain Sendy sees is one that is registered with us, you're good to go.

i'm just trying to figure out the cron job setup - is this required?

It's not required but if you setup a cron job to send emails, sending will be more reliable and if sending times out it will be automatically resumed. You will also be able to schedule emails.

Cron job for Autoresponders is required if you want to use the Autoresponders feature.

Hope this helps.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.