Skip to content

Can't install - install page just refreshes

edited February 2013 in Troubleshooting

I have the sendy files copied to my server and includes/config.php edited. The server tests all pass. If I pull up the sendy url as suggested in the getting started guide, I get the login screen. That obviously won't work because sendy isn't installed yet. If I go directly to the install script, _install.php, I can complete the fields, but when I hit Install now, the same form just redraws with empty fields. I have no idea what to put in the required field 'password'. Is that a password that I make up or does that have to match some other password? There are no entries in the apache error logs about this script.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Larry

Comments

• same happens to me

• If you create the database on the sql server before running _install.php, it completes. Or at least it did for me. It would be nice if the 'Get Started Guide' mentioned that.

• BenBen
    edited February 2013

Hi @LarryAnglin,

Yes you need to create a mySQL database first before installing. It says on the installation screen that you need to input your database credential in config.php. I thought that would naturally lead you to create a database and input the credentials.

Thanks for your feedback, I will definitely include more specific instructions in the Get Started Guide.

Ben

• @newsprime,

1. Did you create a mySQL database before installing?
    2. Are you installing Sendy on the domain you purchased Sendy for?

Thanks.

Ben

• edited February 2013

for me:

01 - created the sql-database before installing

02 - try to install sendy on a subdomain for the domain i purchased sendy for.

• BenBen
    edited February 2013

@newsprime,

1. Do you get redirected to the installation page or do you see a 500 error or 404 page?
    2. What is your main domain and the sub-domain you're installing Sendy on?

Thanks.

Ben

• edited February 2013

@Ben,

1. neither the 500 error nor the 404error, its just like a loop....i enter everything and press "install now" and then i have a cleared form and have to put in everything again.

2. main domain is news-prime.de and subdomain is artist.news-prime.de

• Hi @newsprime,

I cannot find news-prime.de as a registered domain in our database. That explains your issue.

PM me your license key so I can check what your licensed domain is, probably some typo mistake on the domain.

Thanks.

Ben

• wrote you a pm :)

• oh man.....i just took a look at the domain-name.....i´m such a f****** idiot! lol would be cool if you could change the domain to news-prime.de

i´m so out of it o_O

• Hi @newsprime,

No worries! I've changed your licensed domain to news-prime.de. You should be able to install now. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.