Skip to content

Newsletters

edited February 2013 in Questions

Hello, I have several newsletters already made in Photoshop, all sliced and ready to go in HTML format. How can I upload my design? I don't want to re-create these newsletters from your program.

Thanks

Comments

• BenBen
    edited February 2013

Hi @teknikk7,

Just paste your HTML into the 'HTML' field when you create a campaign. (make sure all CSS are inline and image source all all absolute links).

Thanks.

Ben

• Ok, Thx. The new updates look good.

• The new updates look good.

Thank you!

• When you say absolute links you mean have them point somewhere? Like host my images on S3?

• Yes host your images on a 'live server' (S3 is an option).

• Okay, liked all images to S3 now when I paste in and save I get

403 Forbidden
    Access to this resource on the server is denied! Powered By LiteSpeed Web Server
    LiteSpeed Technologies is not responsible for administration and contents of this web site!

• BenBen
    edited February 2013

Hi @teknikk7,

Did you get 403 error when accessing the links of images hosted on S3?

Ben

• No, links are fine

• No, as soon as I hit "Save and next" I get the error.

• from within Sendy

• Thanks. But I can't reproduce that. Please PM me your installation URL, email and password. As well as your FTP access so I can see what's amiss.

Thanks.

Ben

• BenBen
    edited February 2013

I created a new campaign with just simple text in the HTML field, clicked 'Save & Next' and it worked.

But when I pasted your newsletter code in, it says 403 Forbbiden, access is denied.

I pasted in your HTML code from line 1 to line 79 and it worked. Anything after line 80 throws me a 403 error.

Looks like something to do with your host/server. Can you ask please check with your host?

Thanks.

Ben

• What host?

• Your hosting company.

• Eleven2? I did, they said It's a Sendy Issue.

Or are you referring to Amazon where the images are hosted?

• Eleven2? I did, they said It's a Sendy Issue.

When I save your newsletter code in my installation, I did not get a 403 error when I click "Save & next".

I have no issues as well using my local Sendy installation.

• Wow, okay. Thanks for your help and time. Do you have any idea what it could be on their end? Database? etc?

Thanks

• when I upgraded I did nothing to mysql. Should I have made any changes there? I just followed yur instructions exactly.

• Don't worry, you've probably done everything right. The problem is with your web hosting server.

I tried to access phpinfo.php on your Sendy installation and it throws me an error as well. I understand they need to protect you with high security but it's causing you problems.

You need to troubleshoot this and find a resolution with your hosting company.

Ben

• Ok thanks, I just wonder if theirs anything I can do to from CPanel to correct.

• I am not so sure though, 403 errors are tricky but your host should know the best.

This discussion has been closed.