Skip to content

Has unsubscribe been fixed in 1.0.7 yet

edited September 2012 in Troubleshooting
Hi, I recently upgraded my install to 1.0.7 before sending out a few new campaigns and noticed that the un-subscribe has stopped working where it was before. Is there any time frame for it being fixed as I can't send out campaigns where people can't un-subscribe.

Thanks,

Richard

Comments

• @richardashe Unsubscribe has always been working. There was a previous bug where a 'space' might be appended in the URL of an unsubscribe link but had long been fixed in 1.0.7.

What do you mean by unsubscribe is not working?
  • Hey Ben,

Thanks for quick response.

I have sent out a campaign to a test list before planning on sending to the actual client list. Everything is working fine apart from unsubscribe (using the sendy tags at the footer of the email) and link tracking. When I click the unsubscribe link it says it has subsubscribed me but then i check the report and it says 0% for unsubscribes!

I just assumed it was introduced in 1.0.7 as I had tested it before and unsubs worked for me.

Is there anything I can use to narrow down the problem?

Thanks,

Richard

• @richardashe Please PM me your installation URL, email and password. I'll login to check. Thanks.
  • BenBen
    edited September 2012
    @richardashe I received your URL and login credentials, thanks.

I duplicated your last campaign and checked the HTML code. I realize your href code is formatted like this:

<a style="color:#333333;" href="http://www.thirstdesign.com/" target="_blank">

Don't put style="color:#333333;" between 'a' and 'href', you can put it anywhere else in the href code, eg:

<a href="http://www.thirstdesign.com/" target="_blank" style="color:#333333;">

As for unsubscribes, I was able to unsubscribe. If you view the report of the last campaign I sent to myself, you'll see that I have unsubscribed.
  • Hey Ben,

I saw that you got the unsubscribe feature working with your email but it still isn't working for me when I send out our tests. I still don't get the reports saying anyone has unsubscribed.

Rich
  • @richardashe I figured out what's wrong. I checked your subscriber list and saw that your emails are wrapped in quotes. That's the issue.

I've exported a CSV for each of your list that have emails wrapped in quotes, removed the quotes and re-imported them.
  • Ah, excellent! Thanks Ben. Nicely found btw.

Thanks,

Richard
  • Actually sorry Ben I just went and tested the email unsubscribe with the 'Thirst test account' list again and it still isn't working. I actually created that list (only two entries) by manually entering each email so the comma problem should be affecting that list.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Richard

• Very strange. I just added my email address to your third test list and sent a newsletter to that list. I received the newsletter and then clicked unsubscribe. I go to the report and verified that I'm unsubscribed.

You should also receive the newsletter I just sent. When you click 'unsubscribe', you should go to a page where it says 'You're unsubscribed'. Are you on that page?
  • Yea I saw that come in and unsubscribed and it worked. However when I send the test it doesn't seem to work. Is there something that doesn't work because I'm trying to unsubscribe from the same browser that I'm logged into the admin centre on?

I'll try and send it from a different computer and see what happens.

Thanks,

Richard
  • @richardashe So you're trying to unsubscribe from a 'test email'. The unsubscribe link will not be activated if you 'test send' an email. The unsubscribe link will only work when you send out a newsletter for real.

http://sendy.co/discussion/3
  • No I have setup an email list with only two private accounts in it and send to that list so as I can try out the unsubscribe feature. Is there any reason I shouldn't do that?

Also just tried logging out of all sendy accounts and sending the email from another computer and when I unsubscribe it stil doesn't show up.

?

Rich
  • @richardashes

"No I have setup an email list with only two private accounts in it and send to that list so as I can try out the unsubscribe feature. Is there any reason I shouldn't do that?"

Yes of course you can do that. What I'm saying is, if you click the button 'Test send this newsletter', the unsubscribe link in the email you sent it to will not be activated.

"Also just tried logging out of all sendy accounts and sending the email from another computer and when I unsubscribe it stil doesn't show up. "

You really don't have to do all that. It's really puzzling because when I log in to send a newsletter to your third test list (with my email included), you and I can unsubscribe. But when you send the newsletter, you can't unsubscribe.

For my sanity, I'm going to log into your account again, duplicate the last newsletter and send it to your third test list and see if unsubscribing works.
  • Ok, I've just duplicated and sent the newsletter to your third test list.

I received the email, clicked unsubscribe and I am unsubscribed.

Can you click unsubscribe and see if you are unsubscribed?
  • Yes I was able to unsub again. Don't know why it works when it's sent from you logging in.

?

Rich
  • @richardashe

I have no idea either.

I just duplicated the last campaign and changed the subject line to 'Test email'.

Can you please send this campaign to 'Thirst test accounts', I will see if I can unsubscribe from the email that I'll receive from you.
  • Just sent the email again Ben. Tried un subscribing from my end and it didn't work so would be interesting to see if you can.

Thanks,

Richard
  • I received the email, just clicked unsubscribe. I logged into your installation and verified that I'm unsubscribed.
  • Ah OK, Well whatever it is it must be internal to our network. I'll have to delve deeper when I get a spare min, but at least I can be confident people we email can unsubscribe!

Thanks very much for investigating Ben,

Rich

• You're very welcome Richard. Sorry I couldn't nail down why you can't unsubscribe when the email was sent by you. Perhaps you may want to re-import your test subscriber list again and see if it works? Or update to the latest 1.0.8 version, then re-import your test subscriber list to test again.
This discussion has been closed.