Skip to content

Email List won't import with cron job

I set up my cron job and the blue instruction box disappeared but the list will not upload. At first I thought it was just too big, but I treid a small list and that one did not upload either. Next I tried giving the upload more time. It has had almost 2 hours and is still spinning at 0%.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Hi @brineandbyway,

I just checked the version you are on from our database and it says 1.1.4. But from your question, you're on 1.1.5. I'm suspecting your upgrade wasn't complete.

Can you please PM me these details so I can help you check:

• Sendy installation URL, email and password
    • FTP credentials
    • Access to mySQL database (phpMyAdmin or hosting control panel access)

Thanks.

Ben

• Hi @brineandbyway,

I went into your installation and FTP to troubleshoot. Your server does not return the file path to the CSV script when import-csv.php is executed by cron. But when I access import-csv.php from my browser, your server returns the file path to the CSV correctly and hence imports the CSV successfully.

This is the code that is used to return the file path:

$_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']

I changed it to this code and it doesn't work as well:

__FILE__

Both these variables should return your server's file path as expected but it wasn't so for your server. I've manually set your file path in your import-csv.php script for now.

I'm not sure if this is a misconfiguration on your server or your PHP version is old (currently 5.2.17). You may want to consult your host on this?

Thanks.

Ben

• Hey Ben,
    Thanks for fixing that. It seems like it works fine now. Do I need to look into the PHP version thing or will it continue to work with the fix that you did? Thanks so much for your help.

Matt

• Hi Matt,

You're welcome.

It'd be advisable to let your host know about this and see how they can help.

Let them know $_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME'] does not return the server path when executed via php from command line.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.