Skip to content

Different domains for unsubscribe

edited March 2013 in Suggestions

Hi All,

Is there a way to have different domain for un-subscribes?
For example, we have two brands setup:

Brand ABC
Brand XYZ

If an email is sent for brand ABC, can we make the un-subscribe URL abc.com/unsubscribe
or if the email is sent for XYZ, have the un-subscribe link as xyz.com/unsubscribe

Thanks

Comments

• BenBen
    edited April 2019

Update (March 26, 2019): In version 4 and up, you can now set "Custom domains" for each brand can use their own custom domain for unsubscribe links:

Hi @garymcnamara,

This is not possible at this time. For this feature to work, users need to use a dedicated IP for the domain Sendy is running on. Most users won't have that.

The only way now is to setup 2 separate installations of Sendy, each on their own domain.

Thanks.

Ben

• Hi Ben

Thanks for your comment. Do you know when you plan to introduce this feature in to Sendy?

Thanks,
    Gary

• Hi Gary,

I'll place this thread under suggestions category.

Thanks.

Ben

• Is there any API functionality that we could use to implement this if we hosted the equivalent of the unsubscribe.php outside of Sendy and then posted information back in? (We are eventually going to need to sync unsubscribes back out to another database, but might want to do something similar to Gary too.)

• Hi @addactive,

Is there any API functionality that we could use to implement this if we hosted the equivalent of the unsubscribe.php outside of Sendy and then posted information back in?

That's a good idea. Use the [Email] tag in your externally hosted unsubscribe link. Something like, http://yourdomain.com/unsubscribe.php?email=[Email]&list=a7asdf7889sd7d

Note that "a7asdf7889sd7d" is a dummy list ID, replace it with your own.

Your unsubscribe script can use Sendy's unsubscribe API to unsubscribe.

Thanks.

Ben

• Is this really not possible? Not even with a CNAME or something? I have a dedicated server with a dedicated IP and I want the unsubscribe domain to be "unsubscri.be/..." instead of "sendy.mydomain.com/...".

This discussion has been closed.