Skip to content

Domains hosted on Amazon S3, but need to install Sendy elsewhere

edited September 2012 in Using Sendy
We have two sites hosted on Amazon S3. Because S3 does not support PHP, I was told I would need to install Sendy somewhere else, so I plan to install it on a basic Pair Networks plan. See: http://www.pair.com/services/web_hosting/basic.html

When I purchased Sendy, I signed up with the domain for our main site which is where customers will be signing up for the newsletter, as well as the domain the newsletter will appear to be mailed from. I know I need to change this now that I'm reading the Getting Started guide, but what am I supposed to change it to considering the Pair Networks plan will not be linked to one of our domain names?

And is there anything else I should be aware of in advance when setting up Sendy this way?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• @DQCarder do you mean when you sign up for a hosting plan on Pair Networks, you will not be using your domain name on it? Will you be accessing your server via an IP address?
  • Correct. Because we need our two domains to direct to our site's HTML/CSS/images on Amazon S3.
  • I have a domain I can use in the short-term if necessary, just let me know. Consider this a feature request. : )
  • @DQCarder I'm reading your messages over and over but I don't really understand what you're exactly asking for.

It's very simple, to run Sendy, you need to have a domain name (can be an IP address) on file with us so that you can install Sendy on the server that's using that domain name (or IP address). The domain (or IP address) is all we need to know.

After which you can send emails from any domain or host images from any server or domain. It's all up to you. But Sendy needs to be run on the domain name (or IP address) on file with us. That's it.

If you wish to switch to a new server and would like to access Sendy via an IP address, just let me know what the IP address is. Also let me know your current domain name on file with us so that I can change it to the IP address of your new server.

Thanks.
  • Thanks Ben! That's all I needed to know. I wasn't aware that I could use an IP address instead of a domain name. Sorry for the confusion.
  • @DQCarder Yes you can use an IP address as the 'domain'. :) Just let me know (PM me) what your IP address is at any time and I will change it for you.
This discussion has been closed.