Skip to content

Pulling data out of Sendy via API

edited March 2013 in Suggestions

Hi Ben,

Would you consider interfaces which allow us to pull data out of Sendy via API? E.g. lists of unsubscribes and bounces by date?

Trying to keep a CRM in sync with CSV extracts is going to become a bit of a pain potentially!

Thanks,

Martin

Comments

• Hi Martin,

Let me know if I'm wrong. When you send out a newsletter, you want to remove users from your CRM if users unsubscribes from your newsletter?

Ben

• Hi Ben,

That's the top priority (updating the contact_canemail flag rather than removing altogether), yes. For unsubscribes, bounces and spam reports.

Martin

• Might be interesting to look at push options as well as pull (e.g. setting up triggered actions via http for events such as unsubscribe).

Martin

• Hi Martin,

This is a unique use case and can be solved be exporting CSVs of recipients who unsubscribed, bounced and marked as spam (even though I understand it's beginning to be a pain for you).

Ben

• We can always write our own API if necessary, no big deal. I'm sure lots of people would find it useful.

• It shouldn't be hard writing the API file for this. Is the following what you want?

1. Query the API for a specific subscriber list.
    2. Recieve data (email addresses?) for the people who are:
      • unsubscribed
      • hard bounced
      • soft bounced
      • complaint
  • Hi @jpvdpoel,

Pretty much, yes. Though the point you make about the specific subscriber list, it would actually be interesting to have an option this work across all lists. Or return results for a subscriber's most recent action.

Best,

Martin

• Hi @addactive,

Can you explain in more detail what you want exactly when you say "Or return results for a subscriber's most recent action".

• Hi @jpvdpoel,

Because we often segment the database when running a campaign (and produce a new list as a result), we may have a number of lists which are difficult to keep track of as they are subsets of the same thing.

For each email address we'd want to know the unsubscribe, bounce and complaint information for the latest campaign they were included in.

For instance, we could query the API with a "show me all unsubscriptions since 1st March". And that would look at all the campaigns sent since that date, group the results by email address and return only those who have unsubscribed to one or more campaigns.

Does that make sense?

Martin