Skip to content

Double Opt In Subscription Confirmation Page Redirection Not Working

edited September 2012 in Troubleshooting
In my Case, i have enabled Double Opt In Subscription.

The thank you page is working perfectly.
thereafter subscription email is received perfectly.
But on clicking on the confirmation link, which i have redirected to a particular page on my site is giving me the following error.
And the irony is that im getting a final thank you email even after getting the error and its showing the subscriber status conformed as well.
means its working alright except im not getting the subscriber to land on the final desired page.

And i believe my AWS is set up perfectly alright with sending limit of 100,000 emails a day, and domain name, sender email verified too.
so what is going wrong?

ERROR.

Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: Entity: line 1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found in /home/krsna/public_html/mysendypath/includes/helpers/class.amazonses.php on line 79

Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: HTTP/1.1 200 OK in /mysendypath/includes/helpers/class.amazonses.php on line 79

Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: ^ in /mysendypath/includes/helpers/class.amazonses.php on line 79

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at mysendypath/includes/helpers/class.amazonses.php:79) in /mysendypath/confirm.php on line 134

thanks
Krsna

Comments

• BenBen
    edited December 2012
    I've just went back to test double-opt in, tested the opt-in confirmation link and it redirects me to where I wanted. Without redirection works as well.

PM me your installation URL, user name and password as well as your FTP credentials so that I can troubleshoot.

Thanks.
  • edited September 2012
    sending details in PM

pls set me the whole set up right. i need to urgently shift my mailchimp list here and start shooting mails..
    i need more fields and data collected for subscribers like mailchimp.

as for now.. pls solve getting logged out while trying to export subscribers... and the problem of notg etting redirected to the desired landing page after confirmation...
  • I meant 'PM' (Private Message, not post it in the public forum) me your:

1. installation URL, email and password
    2. FTP login credentials

I need your FTP login credentials as well otherwise I cannot troubleshoot.

Thanks.
  • SENT ALL DETAILS IN PM.. PLS CHK
  • @hrcrest

Opt-in confirm redirection → Resolved. It turns out your server had display errors turned on and it was outputting data 'before' the redirect code, hence not being able to redirect. I have included a line of code to force the confirmation script not to spit out 'warnings' so that redirection works.

Exporting causes logout → Resolved. In a very rare situation, the 'email' session variable is different (and incorrect) when executing the exporting code than anywhere else thus resulting in failure to authenticate you as a 'logged in' user. As a result, you get logged out. I've fixed this with a line of code.
This discussion has been closed.