Skip to content

Possible wrong with the Open Rate figure

edited March 2013 in Troubleshooting

Well, i sent 3 same campaigns to different lists.

emails sent opens clicks open rate click rate
196485 25870 2339 13% 9%
196237 1718 1234 1% 72%
196334 27343 2146 14% 8%

As you can see, from the 2nd sending, the Open Rate couldn't be correct, as by definition we cannot have 72% click rate, its impossible! There must be a mistake on the number of opens of the 2nd email. Can you please check it? This is the campaign http://sendy.xe.gr/report?i=1&c=8 and this is the list s9892892OrfLnN8kt27l2WPDXw

Comments

• sorry those are the results
    Alt text

• Hi @Goldendeals,

If the open rate for one email is wrong, it will be wrong for all emails. Thus, only 1718 opens were registered.

But I understand what you mean. If there are 20k+ opens for the first and third email, why would there only be 1718 opens for the second email? I don't know either. But then again, if there's a bug with reporting, the bug will affect all reports, not just one.

Ben

• Dear @ben,
    i do understand you, but still it's a really big problem for my business. I really want to find out the reason behind this problem, as the numbers says that there maybe be an error... if the opens were 17.180 that will be great, but they are just 1.718

• Hi @Goldendeals,

May I know if all three emails were sent to the same list?

Thanks.

Ben

• Hi again @ben
    no, the email message was the same, but the lists were different. We send it like this, as we wanted to send the message to 3 different dates. So we made 3 sendings, one per day to 3 different lists.

• That explains. You're sending to 3 different groups of recipients. Open rates will be different. One of the group's open rate just deviates a lot. There are currently no known bugs where opens cannot be captured.

This discussion has been closed.