Skip to content

Unsubscribe Mechanism

I'm looking for some additional detail on the unsubscribe and list process.

In other discussions you say that unsubscribers are automatically (unless explicitly changed on the list) unsubscribed from all other lists, and that if you load up a CSV with an already unsubscribed email address in then that address will not be imported. Do I understand correctly ?

What happens if someone just types in an address using the single address addition box ?

I have tested this and when typing in an address that has already unsubscribed, the address appears to be added successfully (and thus receives email) even though they have already unsubscribed.

Is that a bug ?

Thanks

Comments

• Hi @buxtonmarauder,

Can you clarify what you mean by "single address addition box"?

Ben

• the box underneath the text "Add name and email per line" where you can manually add subscribers to lists

• I cannot reproduce that. I've recorded a quick video to show this http://cl.ly/NlNF (view it on Chrome if you're on a PC).

• @Ben, off topic but what did you use for the screencast and player? That's a huge screenshot of your desktop which I've never seen in any video tutorial before and what's needed when trying to demonstrate something for someone. Nice and clear on my iMac. Is CloudApp boosting the size or is that something you're doing? I can't seem to replicate it with Camtasia and JWPlayer.

• Hi @vincentpolisi - I'm using ScreenFlow. It's the best out of all that I've tried.

This discussion has been closed.