Skip to content

After install, /login returns 404

edited April 2013 in Troubleshooting

I'm hosting Sendy on an Amazon Linux AMI (t1.micro). I edited config.php; visited the Sendy home page to initiate installation; provided the info on the installation screen that asks for AWS keys. It now 404's on the /login page. If I try to go to my Sendy home page, I briefly see a page with my company name in a black header on the top of the page, with a "Brands" button, but then it redirects to /login and 404's. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Comments

• edited April 2013

/_compatibility.php?i=1

Server configuration:

Your PHP version is 5.3.20
    mysqli extension is installed
    mod_rewrite is enabled
    display_errors is turned off
    hash is enabled
    curl is enabled
    curl_exec is enabled
    curl_multi_exec is enabled

Score: 8/8

• edited April 2013

$ ls sendy/.h*
    sendy/.htaccess

• edited April 2013

mysql> show tables;
    +-----------------+
    | Tables_in_* |
    +-----------------+
    | apps |
    | ares |
    | ares_emails |
    | campaigns |
    | links |
    | lists |
    | login |
    | queue |
    | subscribers |
    +-----------------+

• advice did not help at http://sendy.co/forum/discussion/5/404-error-after-install/p1
    neither of these lines helped:
    RewriteBase /sendy
    RewriteBase /

• this seems relevant, but unfortunately does not actually clarify the resolution (short of switching distros): https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?messageID=378709

• have the identical issue on an Amazon Ubuntu t1.micro instance.

• Hi David,

Not sure how your instance was setup, I'm using Amazon EC2 (Amazon Linux AMI, t1.micro) instance on LAMP stack without any problems.

PM me your EC2 user name and SSH key.

Thanks.

Ben

• This issue was resolved by editing the apache conf to "AllowOverride All" within the Directory entry for /var/www/html. This enables apache to honor the .htaccess file to perform the necessary url rewriting. Perhaps this is something the compatibility-checker can look for. Thanks for your help.

• Thanks David.

For others reading this, this is something you need to take note of if you are setting up your own server with LAMP stack to run Sendy. Otherwise, this is something your hosting company would've already taken care of or worry about.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.