Skip to content

Emails sent, Amazon SES quota not reflecting

edited April 2013 in Troubleshooting

We have recently installed sendy & tested on small list of 5 or 10 users. It worked well & meanwhile Amazon made our account live on production with 10000 email sending limit
Now we started our very first campaign to 10000 users & sendy confirmed the delivery but after sending some 695 mails it generated 31 clicks 0 bounces & said campaign delivered.

At same time on Amazon SES Dashboard it says 2 emails sent . Advice what went wrong.

Comments

• Hi Yogesh,

There is a delay before Amazon updates your SES quota figures.

Thanks.

Ben

• Hi Ben
    But even my emails are not sent so far.

Yogesh

• Hi Yogesh,

But you mentioned the campaign generated 31 clicks, doesn't that mean your emails have been sent?

Ben

• Ben , i have sent 10000 mails & 31 clicks are generated from 695 mails sent. What about rest 9305 mails ? When will those go ...

Even i just tried sending another lot of 9000 mails to cross check , now also only 510 mails have gone & thereafter it has stopped but now there is orange label which is showing sending but nothing is moving so far from past 5 minutes.

Yogesh

• Hi Yogesh,

Thanks for clarifying. Looks like sending timed out. Sending usually time out because of memory exhaustion. I checked your phpinfo and saw that your PHP is only allocated with 64MB of memory. Are you on a shared server?

Also, are you using a cron job to send your campaign? If so, is your cron job set to run every 5 minutes?

If you're using a cron job to send your campaigns and it times out, sending will automatically resume between 5 - 10 minutes. If you did not set a cron job to send your campaigns, I'd recommend doing so. Otherwise you'd have to babysit sending and click 'Resume' whenever sending time out.

Ben

• Hi Ben

Thanks for update , yes we are on shared server . What server config do you suggest to ensure that system works fine on auto mode. No body likes babysitting for sure ::)

Advice any other change or requirement to hit the floor.

Yogesh

• BenBen
    edited April 2013

Hi Yogesh,

Did you setup a cron job for sending? Setting up a cron job for sending features auto resume when sending time out due to memory exhaustion or other reasons.

When you're at the 'Define recipients' page (the page where you select your lists to send to), you'll see a blue box at the bottom recommending you to setup a cron job. There's a link you can click where a modal window will appear displaying cron job setup instructions. You need to setup a cron job that run every 5 minutes

But GoDaddy does not let you set a cron job that run every 5 minutes on a shared server. Here's the workaround http://forum.sendy.co/discussion/177/run-cron-job-every-5-minutes-on-godaddy-shared-server/p1 (see my comment right at the bottom of the thread)

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.