Skip to content

Ajaxy subscribe

edited May 2013 in Suggestions

I think that it would be really great if the subscribe forms that we can copy and paste from the lists section of Sendy were able to detect on-the-fly if the fields were correctly completed, and warn the user to try again.

Certainly the current forms work just fine but I just think that it would represent another level of polish for this, otherwise, very polished piece of software.

PS I have implemented an ajax form as per one of the forum posts - now I'm just waiting for the day that I upgrade Sendy and forget, and overwrite the changes!!!!

Comments

• Hey Nathan,

I think that it would be really great if the subscribe forms that we can copy and paste from the lists section of Sendy were able to detect on-the-fly if the fields were correctly completed, and warn the user to try again.

The subscribe form does check for empty name/ email fields as well as invalid emails and display an error message if any of these are true. Note that if you have custom fields in your code, they won't be validated. If you want your subscription form to satisfy your use case or requirement, I highly suggest writing your own subscription form code while connecting through Sendy's API.

PS I have implemented an ajax form as per one of the forum posts - now I'm just waiting for the day that I upgrade Sendy and forget, and overwrite the changes!!!!

You can write a custom AJAX form script connecting through Sendy's API without modifying Sendy's core code so that you won't overwrite anything when you upgrade to a new version of Sendy in future. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.