Skip to content

Invalid address: Message body empty

edited May 2013 in Troubleshooting

I see this error message was resolved due to gettest was not installed. I assume it is the same issue for me.

1. how do I check if it is installed.
  2. what changed that gettest is required? I would never have upgraded if I knew a different function would be required. If gettest is needed to be installed then I am at the mercy of my hosting company to get it installed -or if they don't then I need to move my install to somewhere else.

Comments

• Hi Benjamin,

how do I check if it is installed.

Here's showing gettext wasn't installed for PHP http://www.pc-prime.com/sendy/_compatibility.php?i=1

what changed that gettest is required?

The entire Sendy codebase has been reworked to support translations which require gettext. Even if you're using the English language, gettext is still required to display the English language.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Thanks for the link. I checked with my hosting company and they won't install gettext which means I need to move my install to another server.

• I have the same issue after switching to a new hosting company. Is there a way to instal gettext myself?

The "schedule" button is also not responding, is this due to the lack of gettext installation?

• @clemens,

I have the same issue after switching to a new hosting company. Is there a way to instal gettext myself?

Request your host to install gettext extension for PHP. You'd need your host to install this for you.

The "schedule" button is also not responding, is this due to the lack of gettext installation?

Most probably.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.