Skip to content

Sending an opt-in email to a list which then moves them into another list once they've opted in

edited May 2013 in Using Sendy

Just another newsletter newb here switching over from Aweber.

I have an email list taken from all my gmail contacts, I've also paid to get this list cleaned and scrubbed to reduce bounces.

Before I start sending emails to this list, I'd like to first send them an opt in email to ask them if they want to continue receiving updates from me as well as letting them know how I got their email.

If this has been described in another forum post, sorry and please redirect me to that! Otherwise, I would love to get some help on this!

Comments

• Hi @Stickerlights,

Here's the easiest way to do this: Send an email to your list and ask them to click 'unsubscribe' if they do not wish to be on your list. If they wish to stay on your list and hear from you in future, they don't have to do anything.

This is the usual (and most straightforward) way to clean up your list.

Thanks.

Ben

• Is there a way I can embed a subscribe button in the email instead?

• Is there a way I can embed a subscribe button in the email instead?

No there's no subscribe button for embed. You can write a script that subscribes a user to a list via the API. The link will look something like this:

http://yourdomain/subscribe.php?email=[Email]

Your subscribe.php script will "HTTP GET" the email and subscribe to any list of your choice via the subscribe API.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.