Skip to content

WYSIWYG editor stripping off tags

edited May 2013 in Troubleshooting

I realise that the WYSIWYG editor strips off some tags, such as head and html.

I was wondering why it does this. Is there a situation in which this is desirable, or is it just that this is what the code for the WYSIWYG that you've chosen to use does this?

If it's the latter, is there a plan to stop the tags getting stripped by amending the WYSIWYG code?

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi @njwrigley,

WYSIWYG in general strips off the <head> and <html> tags by default. It's not just Sendy's WYSIWYG editor, all WYSIWYG editors works like that. This is such that the document's head and html tags does not conflict with the code in the WYSIWYG editor.

That is why Sendy gives you a pure HTML field in which you can switch to using.

The WYSIWYG editor is more for casual emails and not really for full fledged HTML newsletters. Unless your newsletter HTML does not require <head> and <html> tags.

Thanks.

Ben

• Yes, I see.

I'm wondering then if a suggestion might be to have future versions of Sendy try to see if html, head etc are present at the start of an email prior to sending to Amazon, and include them with some sensible defaults if they are not?

I use UTF-8, but I guess that other people might not want this though.

Thanks.

• I'm wondering then if a suggestion might be to have future versions of Sendy try to see if html, head etc are present at the start of an email prior to sending to Amazon, and include them with some sensible defaults if they are not?

That wouldn't be possible as I don't want to tamper with people's code.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.