Skip to content

Roadmap for Sendy's REST APIs

edited June 2013 in Using Sendy

I bought Sendy yesterday. Managed to tweak it to make it successfully run on Windows Azure (yes we are aware its not supported). We plan using Sendy as back-end and use its functionality (via REST APIs) to make the functionality available through our .NET application, thus making it immaterial as to where sendy is hosted. Even In long run, it would be difficult to keep managing upgrades on Windows (unless you decide to release a version for Windows).

So I would like to know the roadmap for Sendy and its API and also I am thinking to get Sendy installed and configured on Azure Linux VM. We have no experience with Linux and wondering if someone can help us.

Comments

• What kind of help are you looking for? Paid consulting?

Also I am a little curious as to why you'd want to run Linux in an Azure VM? Are you getting Azure for free (as part of MSDN or BIzSpark)? If not, just buy a cheapy Linux VM - say $10-20 a month - which is much cheaper than Azure and faster too...

• Yes its free. Looking for installation and configuration help of Sendy on Linux, apart from some information about the upcoming APIs

• @gouravd I recommend setting up a LAMP stack on Amazon EC2 in which I provide installation services for. Sendy runs best of EC2. PM me for more details.

Regarding the API, I do plan to expand it.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.