Skip to content

Amazon SES account suspended due to high bounce rate

I got a list to send these emails, and my account was suspended.

Do you know how I can make these tests before send the emails?
Is there php way I could test the emails before send them? Or a software to do this.

So I can have a low bounced emails.
Cause I cant control the email lists, people just send me lists to send

Thank you

Comments

• BenBen
    edited June 2013

Hi @ConceitoDigital,

Cause I cant control the email lists, people just send me lists to send

This is where it goes wrong. If you're sending to lists not belonging to you, you will never have an idea how many invalid emails are in the list. And when your bounce rate skyrockets after sending a newsletter to it, it's when Amazon suspends your account.

Please read Amazon SES's Best Practice Whitepaper to see how to (and how not to) send newsletters.

Thanks.

Ben

• Ben, I just found this page.. They have a PHP class to detect if it is a valid mail:

http://www.daniweb.com/web-development/php/threads/141944/check-if-email-address-is-correct-without-sending-email

what do you think?
    Probably it is pretty slow test each one

• Hi @ConceitoDigital,

Someone commented in the thread and warned that this could get you into legal trouble:

Be careful with connecting to random/unknown hosts. It can get you into legal trouble. Just a warning, since it happened to me...

Some companies do not like such access and will report it is a cracking attempt. Maybe it's not as big an issue as it was several years ago, but there are ignorant companies out there. I didn't understand it either, but obviously it happens.

Unfortunately this won't be implemented, sorry. Sendy is used by thousands and the last thing I want is to get any users into trouble.

Lastly, this is not the right solution to maintain a clean and healthy reputation with the ESP, in this case, Amazon SES. If the list does not belong to you and when you send marketing emails to it, it's considered spam. No one likes receiving unsolicited emails. Even if your email gets through to the recipient's inbox, they'll most likely mark it as spam. Your deliverability rate will decrease and the chances of your emails automatically going to spam will increase. Open rates will decrease and so will click rates. Your newsletters will eventually no longer be effective.

This discussion has been closed.