Skip to content

Unable to get SES Quota from Amazon after Installation

edited June 2013 in Troubleshooting

We finally able to install Sendy on our shared hosting. However still have to 'sync server clock with NTP'. Contacted the hosting personnel, they said their server is always in sync. We sure our AWS credentials are correct. Have no idea what to do next except heading here. Please help on where should we go to resolve this challenges.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Hi @mdHazali,

If your SES quota is showing "0" for everything and you get the 'sync server clock with NTP' error message, there can only be 2 possibilities:

1. [99% chance] Your server clock is not synced with NTP (even though I understand your host says their servers are in sync, but some hosts refuse to sync their NTP giving the excuse that you're on a shared tier)
    2. [1% chance] Your SES account has been suspended

I don't believe your SES account has been suspended, so it can only be your server clock is out of sync with NTP.

If you have access to SSH, run the command ntpstat and you'll see something like:

time correct to within 126 ms
    polling server every 1024 s

Your server time must be correct to within 300 secs, otherwise Amazon SES will reject the API call to check quota or send emails.

Point your host to this thread on Amazon SES forum and request them to look at the last reply in this thread → https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?threadID=121070

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Thank you very much for super quick reply. I'll do as advised, ASAP.

This discussion has been closed.