Skip to content

Mail Credits

edited January 2013 in Suggestions

In stead of pay per email, it could be usefull to "charge" an account with credits
(each mail = one credit)
Customers can then pre-pay their high volume campaigns on advance (with a discount)

Thomas

Comments

• edited February 2013

+1 to this. with this simple feature we can offer a complete different business model. i think it will be great have this.

• Hi Ben !
    Any news on this ? I have customers that are ready to use this option ;-)

• Can this be added initially via API ? We can then setup a small script to interface with paypal and add the credit, later it could be part of sendy ?

Example:
    Brand Type: Paypal or credits (simple flag)
    Initial Credit Amount: 0 or 11234
    Then in API, allow us to add credit to a profile exposed via its login email address so
    /api/brands/credits.php
    brand_login
    credit_amnt

It then takes current credit and add's the credit_amnt

Lastly, on send, it checks to see if enough credits are available for the campaign or throws an error about not enough credits

This will also help for those users who use auto-responders, as it can then just tick off from the user credit.

Thanks !!

• +1 to this. Its simple and i prefer offer a plan like 10.000, 50.000 credits to my clients.

• Hi! @Ben, is this feature in your Roadmap?
    we implement a simple credit system in our Sendy version, but in every update of version, we have to re do all, and it is an issue for us

thanks in advance for your good work!
    Rod

• Any news on this request?

We would really like to see this implemented as most of our clients don't send mail out on a regular basis and have requested if they can purchase credits which could then be used at any time.

• thi would be a great extra to sendy

• +1 for this feature!

• Later versions of Sendy allows you to set a monthly sending limit for each brand, eg. set a 100,000 emails per month sending limit for Brand A. You can then charge your clients a monthly fee outside of Sendy using any payment method you wish.

This discussion has been closed.