Skip to content

Sending campaign is stuck

edited June 2013 in Troubleshooting

Hello

I've searched the forums on this topic and followed similar advice, but nothing is working. Last night I sent a campaign to a combined list of 4400 emails. After about 10 hours, it was still stuck at 30% (around 1300 sent). At that point, I deleted the campaign and cleared the queue as suggested in another post.

This morning I tried sending a new campaign to the same lists with no luck. It's getting stuck at the same point, around 30%. The spinning progress icon is still spinning and I've never seen a Resume button. I'm using Hostgator's reseller account with PHP Memory is set to 256m, and cron is set to run every 05 minutes.

Before this, the last campaign I successfully sent was about a month ago to a list of about 3000. Never had problems before today. I'm on the latest version of Sendy (1.1.7). As of this point, at least 30% of my subscribers have received the campaign email twice, so I run the risk of spamming if I have to try again.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Hi @joomladirect,

The only change in version 1.1.7 is that the script exits if Sendy attempts to add a new record to the queue table that already exists and it also exits after sending the "Your campaign has been sent!" email.

There're no other changes that's out of the norm that should cause this.

Please PM me these details so I can take a look:

• Sendy installation URL, email and password
    • FTP credentials
    • Access to mySQL database (phpMyAdmin or hosting control panel access)

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Sure thing Ben. I just sent you the details.

• Thanks @joomladirect.

I've just removed one line, else exit; from the Amazon SES class that was added in 1.1.7 that may have caused sending not to resume. I've removed it from your script and your campaign has resumed sending.

I'll look further into this and will release an update soon.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Thanks Ben! It looks like that did it. The campaign finally finished sending.

• Hi Scott,

That's great. I've just released 1.1.7.1 and updated your installation to this new version since I have your FTP credentials.

Best regards,
    Ben

This discussion has been closed.