Skip to content

Campaign are always in "Preparing"

edited June 2013 in Troubleshooting

I have the Sendy 1.1.7.2. I am trying to send 1K emails but campaign always shows me that it is "preparing" to send.

I just set up the cron. I think it might be the clock... As I read in this post http://forum.sendy.co/discussion/33/email-is-not-sending-aws-api-troubles/p1 my system clock should be sync with Amazon AWS clock, but it is not currently synchronized.

I have some particular PHP pages running in this system. Does anyone know if changing the system time will affect the time in my PHP pages? If so, I cannot change the system time...

Comments

• Hi @cawecoy,

It's not an issue with your server clock not synced with ntp. If it is, you won't be able to send out a campaign.

It's probably an issue with your cron job. Make sure it's running every 5 minutes as specified. Also check with your host if your cron job is setup correctly. They'll be in a better position to advise you.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• edited June 2013

You mean, I won't be able to see the campaign in "Preparing" mode? Cause it's only what I am seeing since ever.

The cron job is listed in crontab, but the script is not running. How come? Any idea?

• Hi @cawecoy,

The cron job is listed in crontab, but the script is not running. How come? Any idea?

Try manually executing the scheduled.php script in your browser and see if your campaigns starts to send? If it does start sending, your cron job is not working.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• edited June 2013

I executted scheduled.php in my browser, and it worked. I knew it would work, I just want to know if someone faced this problem with cron jobs. Cause crontab is working for another cron jobs.

Anyway, I asked my server support to add this cron job and try to make it work by themselves.

Thank you Ben.

• You're welcome. Since the issue is with the cron job, your host should be able to help you verify if the cron job is correct.

Thank you.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.