Skip to content

Auto PayPal redirect

edited July 2013 in Troubleshooting

Hi there,

When my clients are going through the PayPal process, the emails won't be sent unless the user clicks the 'Return to XXXXXXXX' link on the PayPal 'Thanks for your order' confirmation page.

In other words, if they do not click this link, the email always stays in a state of 'draft' in Sendy, and never moves on to 'Pending'.

I would like it if my clients were able to miss this step and did not HAVE TO click this link and were automatically connected back to my Sendy install.

I seem to remember reading about this somewhere, but for the life of me I cannot track it down.

Your help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi @njwrigley,

Go to your Settings, look under "PayPal account" at the bottom and you'll see the instructions.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Hi there,

Yeah - I did that, but PayPal does not autoredirect.

In PayPal - Auto Return is set to ON

The URL is set to my base URL:

http://xxxxxxxxx.co.uk (where the x's are the correct URL!)

Just paused an unlimited amount of time until the client clicks the 'Return to XXXXXXXX' link on the PayPal 'Thanks for your order' confirmation page.

Any more ideas?

I'm getting quite a few clients missing this step and so their emails are still in draft!

Thanks.

• Hi @njwrigley,

I've just done some research and all explanations of why PayPal's Auto Return isn't working points to this → https://ppmts.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/620/kw/auto return

The Auto Return feature will automatically return customer who has a PayPal account automatically back to your site.

>

People that pay with a credit card, via PayPal account optional, are given the opportunity to open an account. If they do not, they must click on the Return to Merchant button to return to your site.

Until PayPal improves this, I suggest letting your clients know that (those who paid and did not return to the "return URL") they should click the link to return to the application to have their campaigns sent.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

This discussion has been closed.