Skip to content

Are Bounces, Complaints and Unsubscribes Global?

edited August 2013 in Questions

Hey....
Just bought sendy yesterday and sent out my first broadcast yesterday with amazon ses. Amazing!

I have a question;

When someone bounces, do they get added to a list or database, so I don't send to them again?

And what if, I import another list and some of the same people (who have bounced) are on there... will it send to them again?

And the same question for complaints and unsubscribes...

Comments

• Hi @hjalte81,

When someone bounces, do they get added to a list or database, so I don't send to them again?
    And what if, I import another list and some of the same people (who have bounced) are on there... will it send to them again?

When a recipient is marked as bounced, the email will be registered as bounced across all lists and brands, no matter where they appear. This is such that no future emails will be sent to them again.

And the same question for complaints and unsubscribes...

For complaints, they'll be marked as complaint in their respective list. For unsubscribes, they'll be marked as unsubscribed across all lists in the brand, but you change this to just the list only in list settings.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Thank you... will that also work if I re-add them to a new list later?

So for example, I import my entire aweber account today... then one week from now, I import new subscribers for the last 8 days... Then there'll be a small overlap.

So, if one complained or bounced from the 1st list and is re-added a week later, will sendy send to that person again?

(hope it makes sense :) )

• EDIT: I just saw in your reply that complaints are list-based, so if I add them to a new list, they'll get the mails, right?
    However if I add them to the same list, they wont...

• If you re-add emails that previously bounced, subscribed or complaint, it will not be added.

This discussion has been closed.