Skip to content

Use Sendy to mail from local hosting mail server

edited September 2013 in Questions

Can Sendy be used to mail off of the local hosting mail server?

(I'm aware of the advantages of mailing off of Amazon SES, but that's actually not actually my question.)

Comments

• Hi @AskKim,

Can Sendy be used to mail off of the local hosting mail server?

Yes you can. But links in your email that were all converted to trackable links will be broken when your recipients click on them because your server aren't online.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Hey Ben, think I mangled my wording...

I meant local as in the mail server that is local to the hosting account. ie: my dedicated server on Hostgator

Rather than meaning from my local PC which doesn't sport a spiffy always-online status LOL

• edited September 2013

Okay so I've gotten a little closer. But it looks like there is zero bounce handling if I skip SES and use SMTP? Is that right? If so, then that's kinda game-over for me and this particular projects needs. I've got arpreach licenses but was hoping to swap it out for Sendy :-\

• Okay so I've gotten a little closer. But it looks like there is zero bounce handling if I skip SES and use SMTP?

Yes that is correct. Sendy is designed for Amazon SES, so if you using other SMTP services, bounces and complaints needs to be manually processed.

• Thanks Ben, got it :)

This discussion has been closed.