Skip to content

Why do some subscribers have a photo next to their email?

edited January 2014 in Questions

Hi Ben, I've noticed when some people sign up to my list and I click on their name in Sendy a photo / avatar of them appears next to their name. I'm curious about where this is from, as the sign up form only asks for their name and email, not a photo. Is Sendy pulling this data from their Facebook or somewhere else based on their email? It seems like a nifty feature to have, but I can't seem to figure out exactly how this is set up to work.

Thanks for any info you can provide on this,

Alex

Comments

• Hi Alex,

The emails are retrieved from Gravatar via Gravatar's API using the subscriber's email address.

If the subscriber signed up with Gravatar and added a picture to it under their email address, the picture will be shown in Sendy's subscriber card.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Thanks Ben. That is pretty awesome. Is it possible to actually extract any other data from their Gravatar profile such as their profile description.? This is probably beyond the scope of Sendy but it would be pretty cool if that were possible somehow, that may make it possible to connect with subscribers on a whole new level. Thanks again for the clarification.

• Gravatar is used for avatars only. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.