Skip to content

Separate the campaign 'title' and 'subject'

edited February 2013 in Suggestions

For a number of reasons this would be helpful. The same Subject can be used with multiple lists, and in multiple waves. One use case would be where are variations in the content, but the subject line is different.

This was touched on in this tread, but for this user there was another solution. But the fact that there isn't a way to see what lists a campaign was sent to, using the titles is one other use case to have the title separate from the subject line.
http://sendy.co/discussion/170/separate-the-campaign-title-and-subject-or-show-the-lists-that-a-campaign-was-sent-to-in-reports/p1

Comments

• Hi @derekbrn,

Thanks for your suggestion. Not separating the campaign 'title' and 'subject' was my intention to keep things simpler.

After reading your use case, I can understand. Showing you which lists a campaign has been sent to will satisfy your use case and that is on my list.

Thanks.

Ben

• I'd like to +1 this request. While it is nice to have the simplicity, I really need to separate the campaign name and the subject line. (I can spell out my use case in detail if need be)

Maybe as a compromise, you could autofill the campaign name from the campaign subject line (or just use the subject line as the default).

This is functionality that is present in both campaign monitor and mailchimp, so it'd definitely be a plus for people used to those environments.

Thanks!

• I'll +1 this too, to smooth sending patterns I need to send the same campaign to multiple lists, Creating an internal use only name for each campaign. I would also support the autofill suggestion possibly with a tick box that was set to on/off as default I appreciate that I can see you the list was sent to but this gets complex when multiple campaigns with the same title exist

• +1 too. However, showing the lists a campaign is sent to won't cut it for me. I need to be able to set the campaign name separately from the subject. Seeing the lists it was sent to is something very different to me. Thanks

• @SpeakInConfidence This feature is already available from version 2.0 onwards.

You can set a 'Title' in 2 ways, see below screenshots:

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

This discussion has been closed.