Skip to content

Request: RSS feed for update notifications

edited May 2013 in Suggestions

This is actually a request for the Sendy web site, not the application itself.

I appreciate that Sendy is under constant development and I'd like to be aware of updates as soon as they're released, especially in the case of security updates. Currently the way to find out about an update is to sign in to Sendy and notice the "new version" notice in the footer. This is great, but people who don't sign in regularly may go weeks without applying a critical update (or even a minor bugfix that they need).

I'd love to see an RSS feed on Sendy.co that I can subscribe to in order to see update notifications as they're released. This is how I keep track of most of my other web app updates -- WordPress, Redmine, etc -- and it would be great to get Sendy update noticed this way as well.

I think this would be really helpful for a large number of your customers as well. Thanks.

(Also, on an unrelated note, I'd like to see posts here not closed once they're replied to. It makes it impossible for other readers to leave feedback or questions/comments about the subject at hand.)

Comments

• Hi @kwilson,

I'd love to see an RSS feed on Sendy.co that I can subscribe to in order to see update notifications as they're released

Thanks for the suggestion, it's a good one, something I haven't thought about.

I'd like to see posts here not closed once they're replied to.

Sorry but this is not possible. Any issues that are resolved should be closed, otherwise it will be extremely difficult to keep track of unresolved issues.

Thanks.

Ben

• +1 for the RSS

• I also would LOVE to have an RSS feed for the changelog. It would make it much easier for me to update as I wouldn't have to do a full download each time as it's often 2-3 minor revisions between updates for me. Even better would be an "automatic update" functionality that would use the check for a new version to also (optionally) download and install that new version. I would be happy to set up a once a day check cron job to hit that and apply new updates automatically for most of my Sendy installations.

Even if I had to login to push a button, if it could automatically update to the next version and I had to hit it multiple times (or it did a full refresh of the files not including the .htaccess and configuration files) that would be great.

• Another option: having an email go out to customers when a new version is released. Knowing about a new version is the biggest hurdle - if RSS weren't available, I'd settle for an email, and presumably there's already a sendy list somewhere of all the Sendy customers...even if it was a separate list I had to opt-in for that'd be fine.

• Yes, would love to receive an email about updates especially some warning if changes may affect custom API jobs or Zapier. (Sendy is all about email, right? :-) So why not a notificaiton email.)

• Was this ever implemented?

I'd also like to at least be able to see timestamps for when an update was released. I have an older license and was thinking about coming back, but would like to be able to see the release timeline.