Skip to content

Domain throttling

edited May 2014 in Questions

Hi there !

Just purchased Sendy and I'm configuring the basics. One question pops to my mind (maybe a bit to late!):

Does Sendy control domain throttling, controlling the amount of email messages sent to one ISP/domain/remote server at one time? Sometimes ISPs block messages when a high volume is sent by one sender at one time because they might be concerned its spam.

If Sendy lacks this kind of control, do you know if it's possible to control it via Amazon SES configuration? (first time using it as well)

Thanks in advance!

MarcosBL

Comments

• Hi,

Does Sendy control domain throttling, controlling the amount of email messages sent to one ISP/domain/remote server at one time? Sometimes ISPs block messages when a high volume is sent by one sender at one time because they might be concerned its spam.

Amazon SES is the one sending your emails. They are also taking care of all these as they are the email sending service.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• edited May 2014

Perfect Ben, thanks ! Just to be sure, i assume if i don't use SES but my own SMTP server, there is no control in place for this?

• Hi,

Just to be sure, i assume if i don't use SES but my own SMTP server, there is no control in place for this ?

Yes that's correct.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Ok Ben, thank you very much ! :)

MarcosBL

This discussion has been closed.