Skip to content

WYSIWYG editor by default and tags improvements

edited January 2013 in Suggestions

Hi,

I think the editor part should be improved to be more user friendly.

Many people can't write their message in html but this is the default editor and the only one to have tags working perfectly "out of the box".
The html editor should be an advanced feature for those who want to have more possibilities.

For me, the default editor should be the WYSIWYG one and it shouldn't strip off tags so that anyone can use them easily.
I didn't try every tag but the name tag is working perfectly in WYSIWYG editor while the unsubscribe tag is not :(

My guess is that only Personalization tags are working in WYSIWYG editor.

So if you can't make Essential tags (HTML) working, maybe it could be solved with another suggestion of mine (http://sendy.co/discussion/601/need-some-improvements-to-follow-anti-spam-laws#Item_3).

In this case, you could add a header field and a footer field (both with html editor) in the brand settings, where we could write some custom text with webversion and unsubscribe tags.
Then the main content of the e-mails would be written with WYSIWYG editor in the campaign settings.

What do you think ?

Comments

• I vote for it

• FYI: I was able to set WYSIWYG as the default editor for new campaigns and for duplicated campaigns by changing the default value for the wysiwyg column of the campaigns table. Specifically, run this SQL statement against your database using something like PHPMyAdmin or MySQLWorkbench or a similar application:

ALTER TABLE jjfast2_mjjfast_sendy.campaigns CHANGE COLUMN wysiwyg wysiwyg INT(11) NULL DEFAULT '1' ;

• Aqueous offers an editor in which you can drag-and-drop newsletter elements. Maybe that's something to look in to for integration?

• Today I was checking the Campaigns module of SuiteCRM and noticed that it also includes a better editor as you can see in the attached picture https://www.dropbox.com/s/aws2mj49jttd9gs/email-editor.png?dl=0