Skip to content

Behavioral Autoresponders Emails

edited February 2013 in Suggestions

Sendy already supports drip emails based on dated/Time , It would be great to add actions as variable as well. What I mean is, we already know who open or doesn't open or unsubscribe to an email...how many time a user open an email and which links he click on, could you make it possible for use to use these values to trigger an autoresponder or drip email ? A lsimple case study could be:

I send pitches to 30 Bloggers for my product via sendy: 20 open the emails, and 10 click through to my product --> sendy should register this and send my second follow up email reminder campaign to the 10 blogger who didn't opened the first email. Sendy should register that from the 20 who opened my email, only 10 clicked through to my product and send another different email follow up to those 10 who did not click through, now sendy has also registered that 10 have clicked through , so sendy should also follow up with another different email to thanks the blogger for checking out the product or whatever is in the email....send another email to the blogger who opened the email # times , or clicked on the link to the product # times, well you get the idea.

Now sendy already has all the datas about the user interaction with the email, how about using those daas to trigger campaigns on top of the timely based triggers ? Any chance to see this soon ? This will be of really great help and will give us endless new possibilities and options.

Comments

• This is exactly the functionality i am looking for, I went to trigger emails based on an event e.g opening or clicking email

• Has this feature been implemented?

• This has not been implemented as far as I'm aware, but you could get this functionality by writing a custom script that unsubscribes/subscribes users to different lists using the sendy api.

• I highly anticipate this feature.

• Hi all, we also would like to use this kind of following up. Any respons of Sendy yet?

• I would absolutely love this feature as-well.
    I love the flexibility of having Sendy on our own server and the cost-savings of using Amazon SES. But I forfeit the event-based automation feature that comes with other email products like getdrip.com and activecampaign

• I would love to have this feature. +1

• +1 and alsoa relative followup like in aweber would be very good

• that would be a nice feature, to send emails to those opened the mail/not open the mail/click links, etc, rather than export the list and re-import and create a new list.

• Got my AutoResponder up and working now with the drips happening purely based on time. What i'd like to do now is some slightly more complex actions such as send one email to those who didn't open or click on my last email OR if they did send them another.

Option to have OR based on basic actions like clicks or opens could be really useful to create a branching tree drip campaign.

• I second that. Segmentation is fine, but it doesn't have an option to filter subscribers if they clicked a link.
    Something like: if subscriber clicked an X link in autoresponder Y, move him to a list Z.
    Or just send them another email, without moving a subscriber.

I upgraded to the 3.x and hope Ben will add new options in the future.
    I use the old as hell version of Interspire EM from 2011 for behavioural marketing. It does its job, but ugly and doesn't work with SES API.

• Yes this is really key. I noticed that this thread was started in 2014. I hope that behavior based segmentation is in the works for 2017.

• I came to this thread looking for a similar feature. Yes, I too would like this feature of sending follow up "drip" emails to persons who did not "open" the email and a different set of "drip" emails to persons who "opened" the emails.

• Really this feature is important to have !

• this is important feature

• Wow, 5 years and no response for this feature request. Sorry, I'm new here, is this the official forum from Sendy?

• It seems this feature is not yet available. But would be a quite necessary and wanted option. Autoresponder email sent based on clicks after a certain campaign was sent. Definitely wanted!!

• Really looking forward for this feature!

• I emailed Sendy support about this today. This is so basic to email automation. I really hope they have added this by now but it doesn't appear they have. Hopefully, Sendy will chime in. I've had good experiences with their quick response to support isues.

• any updates, NewRockStars?

• That would be amazing indeed. Also trigger autorespondeur based on custom field value being updated/created, instead of only when added to list.

• Looking for this too

• Me too .. It's gonna be great to have this

• Just bought sendy, I thought this feature would be included since we are almost in 2020... +1% chance to request a refund.

• We need this on 2020

• Hi Sendy Team,

Is the functionality available in latest version or is it under development. It would be a killer functionality and lot of paid marketing automation products will have a dent on their revenues. Please develop this.

• Sad news. No behavior based segmentation