Skip to content

Unsubscribe forever?

edited July 2014 in Questions

Hi guys, is there any chance we can make the unsubscribe link to work like this:

We have 2 - 3 lists, and if someone is deleted from the list or unsubscribes himself from the list, can we make it that they are deleted from all the list, and that they can't be imported / added subscribed ever again?

Comments

• Hi,

By default, when users unsubscribes, they will be unsubscribed from ALL lists. Unless you change that in list settings.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Is there any way that I can stop anyone who has been unsubscribed/removed from the list to subscribe/imported again?

• Hi,

Is there any way that I can stop anyone who has been unsubscribed/removed from the list to subscribe/imported again?

If an email is marked as 'Unsubscribed' in Sendy, that email will not be imported again if you attempt to do so. If the email is not present in the list you're importing your CSV into because it was previously 'deleted', that email will be imported. So my suggestion is never to delete people who have 'unsubscribed', or even 'bounced' and 'marked as spam'.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Well if they request me to delete them and we import them accidentally it's very bad for our company. I'm pretty good in PHP, so if there's some kind of workaround please let me know :)

• Well if they request me to delete them and we import them accidentally it's very bad for our company.

If they request for you to delete them, unsubscribe them instead.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Ok, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.