It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I have a Sendy installation that has been used to successfully send 18 campaigns in the recent past. Today, I attempted to send another one but, after 2 hours stuck at 0% sent, I duplicated the campaign and deleted the old one. Tried again and same result. I searched your troubleshooting section and the forum but nothing I've read and tried has worked. I know the problem isn't related to the cron jobs because I've run scheduled.php manually in a browser multiple times and nothings been sent through AWS SES other that my campaign tests. I was using version 1.1.9 when the problem arose but have since updated it to 184.108.40.206 which no change.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Try sending a test email in your Amazon SES console (not in Sendy) and see if you get any error message from Amazon.
I've sent test messages successfully from both AWS SES and from within Sendy. I just can't get the campaign to send. There are no error messages from Amazon or Sendy. I've also tried lowering the sending rate to 15 per second and I've tried using a test list with only 2 email addresses in it - still no success.
Thanks for your help,
Can you check if any of your verified emails or domains in your Amazon SES console are marked as 'Failure' instead of 'Verified'?
Also try clearing your queue table by visiting http://your-sendy-installation-url/clear-queue, then try sending your campaign again.
Both domains and both email addresses we've been using are marked as verified in SES. I've run the clear-queue.php script and tried sending the campaign again. Same results, nothing gets sent. After attempting to send the campaign, I checked the queue table using phpMyAdmin and it's empty. I then ran scheduled.php manually and checked the table again, still empty.
If nothing's changed this can't happen out of a sudden. Try performing a full upgrade to the latest version of Sendy:
Download the full build of Sendy from http://sendy.co/get-updated (use the form right at the top to download the full build of Sendy).
Then re-upload all of Sendy's files to your server (except /includes/config.php and /uploads/ folder) replacing the old ones.
I know, this is frustrating for me as well. I upgraded to 220.127.116.11 prior to contacting you by following the "How to upgrade?" instructions on this page: http://sendy.co/get-updated
Can you check your PHP error_log to see if there's any related errors?
I looked at the error logs and I couldn't find anything related to Sendy but I did try sending the campaign two more times and I saw an unrelated error appear at the exact same time…
[23-Jul-2014 08:00:01] PHP Notice: Fatal: $CFG->wwwroot is not configured! Exiting. in /home2/allenre1/public_html/lifa/moodle/lib/setup.php on line 88
[23-Jul-2014 08:10:02] PHP Notice: Fatal: $CFG->wwwroot is not configured! Exiting. in /home2/allenre1/public_html/lifa/moodle/lib/setup.php on line 88
I have no idea why a Moodle error would appear in the Sendy error log upon sending a campaign. I'm going to assume something's wrong on the server and may try a clean install.
Will there be any issue with importing dumped data from the campaigns, links, lists, login, and subscribers tables into tables created by a new installation?
There shouldn't be any issues importing dumped data. Just make sure you make a .mysql backup of your entire database.
I finally figured this problem out and maybe it'll help someone in the future…
We recently had someone working on a Moodle installation on our server and I found that he had left a copy it's config.php file in the root directory. I'm not positive but I think when Sendy was being run from the cron job it was attempting to use the config.php file in the root directory instead of the one in the Sendy installation. Anyway, I renamed the root/config.php file and Sendy started working again.
Thanks for taking the time to help with this.
All the best,
Glad you figured out. Hope this helps others in future.