Skip to content

Auto responder for downloading PDFs

edited August 2014 in Questions

Quick one for you..

I've got perhaps 10-20 PDF files which I want to make available for download on my website.

I'm thinking of using sendy to handle this with auto responders on email submission including download links for each file.

I'm guessing I'll have to create a separate list for each PDF download file so that the users gets the link and download they're looking for. However I would only like to operate one master email list.

Is there a way of automatically adding each email address submitted to my master list as well as sending the correct auto responder? Or will I end up with a load of lists with a small number of emails on each?

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi,

If you can build your own form to direct users to the PDF they've selected after signing up with their email, then you only need one master list. You can add the name/email to your list via Sendy's 'subscribe' API when user submits http://sendy.co/api

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Hey Ben, thanks for the helpful response. Just one question before I decide which route to take on this.

Is it easy enough/possible to transfer email addresses between lists. As I would rather have the download link emailed to the user - this way I know the email addresses I get are real.

If I went down this route is it possible to transfer all users from one list to another? I wouldn't mind spending the extra time doing this before I was to send out a mass email to my master list if it was easy enough.

• Hi,

Is it easy enough/possible to transfer email addresses between lists.

You'll have to manually delete the user from one list and manually add the user to another list.

The best way I see how this can be done is:

1. Create multiple lists (for the sake of the respective PDFs)
    2. Set them as 'Double opt-in' in list settings
    3. Also set a 'Thank you message' in list settings that includes to the link to download the respective PDF
    4. Develop your own subscription form that sends the user's name/email to the respective list via Sendy's 'subscribe' API http://sendy.co/api
    5. When a user signs up, they'll have to click a link in the email sent to them (to confirm they're using real email addresses), then subsequently the 'Thank you message' (with the PDF link inside) will be sent to them

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Thanks for your suggestion Ben. I'll try and knock something up. :)

This discussion has been closed.