Never mail lists

2»

Comments

• edited September 2014

Or you could do this to automate the process with a trigger:

http://pastebin.com/CSmkNMF7

Again, make sure you replace the '16' by the ID of your suppression list

Let me know if this is working for you.

Ok this trigger doesn't work... could someone fix it? There is a deadlock problem. It doesn't let me update the current table with a new row while I am modifying a value in a row. Some locking problem...

• After considering that a bit more it looks like we would need to update complaint.php in order to automate the process. Mysql doesn't let you do what I wanted to do.

• As Sendy isn't an open source project, I don't really advocate hacking the code around. Version control becomes a big issue then.

It doesn't feel like Sendy is being very actively developed for new features at the moment though, which is a real shame.

• @addactive Sendy is still actively being developed. The last update was only a few weeks ago. I'm also actively supporting Sendy users every single day. Thanks.

• @Ben any chance this will make it to the next update?

• +1 this feature would be extremely useful for everyone. Perhaps this could be a option that each brand can enable or disable. Something like "Do not allow unsubscribed users to be added to new lists" and could handle unsubscribe the same way the system handles bounced emails.

• Really do need an "exclude" option in Sendy, to be able to send to users on one list while excluding those on another list. Thanks for the consideration @Ben.

• I agree this option would be very useful

• @shumilica Do I need to create this 'never mail' list for each client or can I just have one global 'never mail' list?

Thanks

• Hi All, I'm fairly new to Sendy and need to know how to add a suppression list for campaigns I will be sending. These are people who have already 'opted out' of receiving info for this particular product or service but I do not want to remove them form my list. How do I do this??

• In the latest version of Sendy, you can create a list and name it, 'Suppression list'. Then import the subscribers you never want to send email to inside. Then use the same CSV to do a 'Mass unsubscribe'.

In future when you import any email address that exists in this list, it will not be imported.

• 'Exclude list' feature is now officially supported in Sendy!

• In version 4 and up, you can now import suppression lists, under 'Blacklist » Suppression list':

Best regards,
    Ben

This discussion has been closed.