Skip to content

Mandrill lost connection

edited January 2015 in Troubleshooting

I have been using Mandrill SMTP to send emails without issue for months. However, recently emails will show as sent in Sendy but Mandrill will show no record of ever receiving them. After a little back and forth with Mandrill support, they recommended I post on this forum and mention that I am experiencing "lost connection with Mandrill after RSET." Please advise.

Comments

• Hi,

There's no issues with Sendy sending emails via SMTP. Try sending with another SMTP settings from, example, Gmail and see if it sends through. If it doesn't, your host might have blocked you from sending emails via third party SMTP in which case you'd need to resolve this with your hosting support.

Best regards,
    Ben

• I've been using Amazon SES, Mandrill, Mailjet, and Sendgrid interchangeably with no issue; the Mandrill issue occurred recently in the middle of me sending one of my campaigns.

Mandrill is definitely not blocking me as per my support emails with them. The did send me this message if you can help:

"In order to further investigate, you'll likely want to log and then view the entire SMTP conversation in your framework to help determine why that error is being generated. If you're able to do that, and send over the conversation transcript, we're glad to take a look to help troubleshoot further."

Is that possible? And how do I send them the required info?

Thank you for your time.

-Karol

• I figured it out. Mandrill requires a special password for smtp that is different from the account password.

This discussion has been closed.