Skip to content

Changing footers in Drip Emails?

edited April 2015 in Questions

Has anyone come up with a clever solution to have just one footer which is inserted into every email (rather than editing every email)? For example, if you have set up a weekly drip email (52 emails in total for the year) but wanted to change the footer on all emails regardless of which drip number the subscriber was on, has anyone done this (maybe using tags?). An example of how this would be useful in practice is you have an event happening this week that you want to tell every subscriber about.

Comments

• edited April 2015

I haven't tested this, but why not use an image for the footer, then create a service that will serve the correct image based on the date you pass in the parameter.

So for example, you footer image could link to the following URL:

http://yourdomain.com/event_image.php?day=[currentdaynumber]&month=[currentmonth]&year=[currentyear]

This service would then serve the correct image based on those parameters.

Might work.

• @DrJohnZoidberg That sounds like a good idea. :)

• Good idea @DrJohnZoidberg. Would this require a custom php script written to work? I've not delved into customisation or the API yet, so am unsure of the steps needed to see if this works.

• @DrJohnZoidberg and @Ben - with pulling in an image, would it restrict email clients that don't show images by default? As an alternative, Is there a clever way to somehow pull in text using, say a

<

footer> tag which grabs whatever text the

<

footer> tag has. For example, is there a tag as I could append and edit this to include whatever text I needed. Many thanks!