Skip to content

Are new autoresponders sent to existing subscribers?

TazTaz
edited October 2015 in Questions

Hi there! I'd like to create a new autoresponder that thanks new subscribers for coming on board. Naturally, this would be sent immediately after they subscribe. However, I'm concerned that all my the existing subscribers would suddenly get this new autoresponder as well. Would they all get it? Or would only new subscribers get it (the ones to signed up after the autoresponder was created)? Thanks!

Comments

• Hi,

Autoresponder emails only trigger when emails are added via Sendy's subscribe form or the 'subscribe' API (http://sendy.co/api), not emails imported via Sendy's user interface. So your existing subscribers in your list will not get your Autoresponder emails.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Yes, that helps quite a bit! Thank you. :)

• TazTaz
    edited October 2015

Actually, I do have a related question(s)... What happens in this scenario:

Day 1: Person A subscribes via web form.
    Day 2: I set up autoresponder #1 (to be sent immediately after signup)
    Day 3: Person B subscribes via web form and receives autoresponder #1
    Day 4: I set up autoresponder #2 (to be sent one month after signup)

Questions:

Would Person A receive autoresponders #1 and #2? If so, when?
    Would Person B receive autoresponder #2? If so, when?

Thanks in advance for the clarification! I really want to get my head around Sendy's sending logic. Thanks!

• Followup, just to confirm my understanding of your first answer: If Person A was added via the Sendy user interface (not a web form), they would not receive either of the autoresponders, correct?

• Hi,

Autoresponder email's will trigger emails to be sent relative to the subscriber's sign up date versus when the autoresponder should be sent after a user sign up.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• TazTaz
    edited October 2015

Hi Ben!

Thanks for the response, but I didn't quite follow.

Here's what I believe the be true.

1. Subscribers added via the Sendy admin interface will NEVER receive any 'autoresponder' emails.
    2. If I create an autoresponder email TODAY that is triggered immediately after a new signup, and another that is set to trigger 1 minute after signup, only NEW subscribers would receive them. None of my existing subscribers (who subscribed before TODAY) would receive these two emails because this autoresponder email did not exist at the time those subscribers either just subscribed, or 1 minute after they subscribed.
    3. If I created an autoresponder email TODAY that is triggered 1 month after signups, than all of my past subscribers who subscribed within the last 29 days, WILL receive this email because it exists at the time those subscribers hit 1 month.

Are these statements true?

Thanks for your time!

-Taz

• Your understanding is absolutely correct.

• Awesome. Thanks, Ben!

This discussion has been closed.