Skip to content

Not able to send emails via SMTP

Hi,

I purchased Sendy last week. I was not able to lift my Amazon SES sending limits and hence I decided to use Authmailer.

I was able to successfully configure Sendy on my own, thanks to the detailed startup guide. I have also configured Sendy to use Authmailer smtp server by specifying the authmailer server settings in the Brand settings page.

But when I either send a campaign or a test mail (to myself), they are not delivered. I have verified that the smtp settings are correct.
Any help regarding this is appreciated.

Additional information:
Host: Namecheap (shared hosting)
mod_security turned off for Sendy (I was getting a forbidden message earlier and got it resolved)

Regards,
Ganesh Kumar

Comments

• Hi,

1. Please check with your host if they restrict sending of emails via third party SMTP. Some hosts restricts sending emails via third party SMTP.
    2. Also make sure that if you set your SMTP port as '465', choose 'SSL'. If you set your SMTP port as '587', choose 'TLS' in your brand settings.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• edited November 2015

Hi Ben,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

The problem is found and has been sorted out. The problem was, on my hosting server, the ports 465 and 587 were all closed. I was able to open them via my host provider's support.

Thanks and Regards,
    Ganesh Kumar

This discussion has been closed.