Skip to content

Characters such as å, ä, ö aren't displayed correctly

edited January 2016 in Troubleshooting

I would like to update you with the problems with umlaut characters such as å, ä, ö.

When importing a csv file the text is sort of at the position of the umlaut character. I previously wrote that you could avoid the problem by manually convertering the umlaut characters to html (ä to ä). However, it does not work properly, when using the textfield in an email the umlaut characers are rendered as html code.

This is a big problem for me. In my native language (Swedish) and several other languages the umlaut characters are as important as the other characters in the alphabet.

Best regards
Bo Nordlin

Comments

• BenBen
    edited January 2016

Hi,

I just imported a CSV with accented characters and they display exactly as it should though, see screenshot below:

This is the CSV I imported → http://d.pr/f/10ENN

Best regards,
    Ben

• edited January 2016

Hello,

I have investigated a little further. It depends on which character encoding you are saving the file with. In Windows Notepad you can choose between four character encodings.

If you choose Ansi, the text field is cut off at the first accented character. Ansi is the default file type in Notepad.

If you choose UTF-8, accented characters are imported without problems.

If you choose Unicode or Unicode big endian, the file is not imported at all.

This discussion has been closed.