Skip to content

Multiple From Address per Brand

edited September 2012 in Questions
Currently, from address has been made readonly and can't be change when a brand wants to create a campaign. My client sends out various newsletters from 2-3 from addresses how can this be supported? If i turn off readonly and allow them to key it in now as a temporary measure. Will it screw up anything?

Comments

• The reason why the 'from address' is readonly when a client logs in is because they may change the 'from address' to something else not verified at Amazon SES. This will result in their newsletter not being able to send out at all.

If you turn off readonly in the code, it won't screw up anything.
  • I see. But there could be cases where they do have multiple From Address registered with SES right? Alright I'll just remove the read only for now. Would you be taking care of such a scenario?
  • I am interested in this feature as well.. could it be changed to a dropdown list of verified addresses for that brand?? that way you ensure addresses are verified and brand can have "sub brands"... making it much more complete! Any thoughts?

• +1 for this :)

We've just started running Sendy, and this is an important feature for us. We'll simply disable the read-only status of the field for the moment. However it would be very nice to be able to register (and perhaps verify?) multiple email addresses per brand.

Also, we're not running via Amazon SES - we're using an internal SMTP server, and possibly Mandrill or Sendgrid later on (depending on the client). So Amazon SES verification isn't required in these cases.

• "sub brands"... making it much more complete .... would be also very nice for me