Skip to content

Filtering recipients by custom field

2»

Comments

• It's because the database layout is f*cked up and the developer doesn't care at this time.
    All critical comments are beeing blocked.

• +1 for this feature!

• +1 for this feature here as well!!

• I do need this feature too. Thanks!

• +1000 for this feature

• Any update on this? Could REALLY do with this feature

• I've been waiting for this since 2012. :)

• +1 (we'd also need it for the users language)

• +1 This is a critical need for any mailing list application

• I'm a new Sendy user and it seems this thread is the latest where list segmetation/filtering option has been discussed. Are there any news or potential ETA when this feature could come? Thanks

• +100

I'm very surprised this is not part of Sendy after 3+ years of this thread's life... Segments are as integral to email sending as peant butter is to a PB and J sandwich.

• +1 I've also been waiting for this for years. Importing and exporting is a crappy workaround.

• Is there any update on this feature? Having been used to this feature in Mailchimp, this is seeming like the one major drawback on Sendy. I'm looking to send the same newsletter that has been previously sent to new subscribers to the list, i.e. people added between Date X and Date Y (with Date Added being a custom field) - Or alternatively, send the campaign to subscribers who have not been sent the email before. etc.

• +1 At least I know I wasn't missing something in the software.

Hate the idea of needing to do lots of uploading and downloading and manual massaging.

• +1 This is one major feature that's missing in Sendy...

• +333
    Anything new about this Ben?

• New user here, coming from Mailchimp and MailPoet. A simple list segment feature would be fantastic. Or a simple way to move subscribers between lists.

• It would be great to have

• +1 -- List Segmentation would be amazing. I hope we get this soon.

• Ben - I have to add my vote to this segmenting feature.

The export/import is labor intensive but would work if the custom fields were exported WITH the "open" and or "click" report.

Yes a report may contain multiple lists and some lists may or may not have the same custom fields, I get that. However, a report could sum all fields from all lists and export that full report (less than ideal, but if segmenting is easier go that way).

We just HAVE TO HAVE a way to segment lists and keep all of our data together.

There's just no other way to work with email these days.

Thanks!

• +100 for this, or even a separate product via CodeCanyon that once you enter API credentials will do it.

• +10000 for this as well. It is a painful process to do manual segmentation.

• edited August 2017

I've installed Sendy 3.0 which Ben released yesterday. It does this. Big thanks to Ben for listening and making this available.
    You can create a Segment based on a custom field. Go check it out!!
    https://sendy.co/get-updated

Again, A BIG Thank you to Ben.

• List segmentation is now officially supported in Sendy! :)

This discussion has been closed.