Skip to content

Campaigns not sending to full list of Active subscribers

This is only affecting one of my Brands, but this brand has 8,164 ACTIVE subscribers and sendy is only sending on completion to 7,467 subscribers. Any idea what may cause this? 232 names are unsubscribed/bounced/marked as spam out of the 8,396 TOTAL subscriber count.

Comments

• Your server timed out. Use the resume button.
  • Campaign states complete. Since setting up CRON, campaigns don't timeout anymore. It's not still in a 'sending' state.
  • Are you sending to multiple lists?
  • just 1 list called Subscribers. Each brand has a list called Subscribers
  • Is this an issue of Brand list crossover? -- whereas some of the names on the one list are on the other and will NOT send again? (it's possible since the lists/sites are related and may have some duplicates that subscribe to both newsletters).

Or is it something else?
  • Actually that wouldn't make too much sense as it's only affecting the one list. My other brand sends to the full Active list.
  • Maybe is't related; this week again sendy was reporting less emails sends in a campaign than it was showing on the SES stats sidebar. It happens form time to time. Resumes in such a broken campaign also act wired - they stop much quicker.
  • I was hoping the newest update would have fixed this problem, but I'm sending out mailers to over 100k people and it stops constantly. I am about to write my own hack that automatically starts the CRON every 30 minutes no matter what. Is there any hope of this being resolved?

I do a lot of cross-list marketing, so it could be that it hits a hiccup when it reaches a duplicate name, or something. But I honestly don't have the man power to debug all of that. Hopefully it's something simple, but with all of the threads here, it doesn't seem to be resolved.

Help us, @Ben!

PS: Cron is using php not curl.
  • @jaredscottm agreed. I'd be interested to know if this a cross-brand list issue, especially given that my list names are all 'Subscribers'
  • @Ben, today's campaign is now stuck in 'sending'. Hitting the resume button doesn't do anything.
  • Sometimes i have exacty the same problem
  • BenBen
    edited November 2012
    @derivativemedia It's hard to understand and troubleshoot why it's stuck in 'sending' and resume button doesn't do anything without having access to your database. But I'm going to try.

1. Did you perform any actions while the campaign is sending?
    2. Which version of Sendy are you on?

Also with regards to your original question, the latest version of Sendy does not send to an email twice if that email appears in multiple lists. Therefore, the total number may be lesser depending on how many duplicates appear between lists.

@simy "this week again sendy was reporting less emails sends in a campaign than it was showing on the SES stats sidebar"
    After sending a campaign, your SES quota will increment one count at a time after 24 hours according to the exact time each count of the quota was used. Hence, the the total sent in a campaign may appear lesser than your quota as your quota increases.
  • @Ben I am on 1.0.9. I didn't perform actions while it was sending. I did note that I hit send now (not scheduled) and it still is sitting in 'sending' mode. When I send campaigns scheduled, it will complete and state 'sent'. Now with the lists, you mean an email wont be sent if the email appears in multiple lists in the same brand correct? Not across ALL lists in ALL brands in the app?
  • BenBen
    edited November 2012
    @derivativemedia If cron has been setup, sending directly or scheduling both uses cron to send though, no difference.

An email won't be sent twice if a subscriber appears across multiple lists in a brand.

Eg.

email@domain.com appears in List A
    email@domain.com appears in List B

And, you sent an email to both List A and List B. The email will only be sent once to email@domain.com.
  • @Ben, they are two different brands. Interesting that the manually sent campaign is Still stuck in sending mode for a few days now, with a campaign sent yesterday that was scheduled, stating 'Sent'.
  • We just released the latest version, 1.1.0. This version supports Auto Resume. Sendy will check if server timed out and continue sending until it's complete.
This discussion has been closed.