Skip to content

Auto add country code to subscribers based on activities

edited February 2014 in Suggestions

It would be great a feature that automatically add the latest country code known to a subscriber profile based on the info collected when opens or click on the campaign email. Later we can send campaigns based on this new field.

Thanks!
Cristian

Comments

• Hi Cristian,

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll consider that.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Some free IP databases also have city and timezone data. Timezone is very good if you plan to call subscribers, send SMS/text messages or invite to live webinars etc...
    Check out [DB11] from http://IP2Location.com

JR

• +1 for this feature

• I'd love this feature. Use the existing data collected in the reports to update subscribers profile with their location. Also the ability to send to custom segments of the subscriber list is needed before I can use Sendy. I've seen several threads on this, @Ben you mentioned this was in your plans, is there any update? Thanks

• Nice idea. +1

• Very good idea/ +1

• This would be a cool feature to include in Sendy. As people do travel, some email lists may a higher portion of subscribers who do. It would be good to be able to ask readers in an email if Sendy has determined their 'home location' correctly. Sendy would then need to store a 'confirmed home location' for each subscriber - for my needs 'country' would be sufficient.

• Today when I installed version 3.0 I was quickly creating a country based segment and realized that it was only possible with custom fields.

It may be a good time to rephrase this suggestion to do a custom field called "Auto Detected Country" where each subscriber is assigned a country based on the IP from which they last opened the email.

Cheers

• This feature would be very useful to me. Especially if it could automatically subscribe them to to the relevant location segment from the segments I have already pre-set.

• Lovely - thank you

• I would love this feature as well, so I can segment my users by location. The mod posted above is now giving a 404 error. :(