Skip to content

Splitting large lists & drip campaigns question

bwsbws
edited November 2016 in Questions

Hey there!

Just came on board, loving the software.

Is there a way to split lists by adding a button at the end of a newsletter, allowing the users that want more frequent updates to be placed in a separate list from users that only want important notices?

Also, can you please link me to how Sendy uses Drip via tutorials or topics? Thanks!

Al

Comments

• BenBen
    edited November 2016

Hi,

Thanks for using Sendy.

Is there a way to split lists by adding a button at the end of a newsletter, allowing the users that want more frequent updates to be placed in a separate list from users that only want important notices?

Sorry but I don't understand what exactly this means. What do you mean by "split lists"? And how would that work if you add a button to the end of a newsletter?

can you please link me to how Sendy uses Drip via tutorials or topics?

To create Drip campaign Autoresponders:

1. Go to 'View all lists' on the left sidebar
    2. Select your desired list
    3. Click 'Autoresponder' at the top right to setup Autoresponders for that list

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Hi Ben!

So for the first question maybe painting a picture would be a better way to ask... So I have a large list of emails, some may like newsletters more than others. That's fair. Some may just want to know when something drastic happens, etc...

So what I was curious about was... Say in a newsletter to all, at the bottom or there are two buttons that track clicks or emails that want to opt in or out to more frequent or less frequent emails. In turn you would be able to pull the emails from your larger list to a smaller list that clicked the button that said, hey I would like more info, or hey, only alert me when the site is burning down. Does that better explain that?

Awesome about the drip! I will look into that this week!

Best,
    Al

• Hi,

I understand what you mean now. You can create 2 buttons or text links in your newsletter to ask your subscribers to click either of which so they will receive "More" or "Less" newsletters.

In your campaign report, you will see the "click activities" and you can export a CSV of everyone who clicked either of each links.

Example screenshot:

Then you can import the CSV(s) into a new list. For example export a CSV of everyone who clicked "More newsletters", then create a new list called "High frequency" for example and import that CSV.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Ben,

That's awesome news man! Thank you so much! Makes sense!

Al

This discussion has been closed.