Skip to content

Default subject on confirmation email

edited March 2017 in Using Sendy

Hi. New to Sendy.

I've noticed that the default confirmation subject reads "Confirm your subscription to John Doe", where "John Doe" is the string corresponding to the $from_name.
Wouldn't it be clearer if it reads "Confirm your subscription to Some List" (where Some List is the list name) or even "Confirm your subscription to Some List (by John Doe)".

I understand that it might be that the list name is for internal use only, and so the "from name" is what the user perceives as the list name (when receiving the newsletter on his inbox).

I think it's UX-wise to have a list name (example: Candy Shop newsletter) to be included on confirmation subject, and a "from name" to be used in "from" field of every email. This opens the possibility to send the email with some person name as the "from name" (making it more human-friendly), while keeping the brand or list name in the confirmation subject.

So, the formulas will be something like this:

Subject: Confirm your subscription to $list_name

Example:

Subject: Confirm your subscription to EverydayCandy

Comments

• Hi,

You can set your own ‘subject line’ for the double opt-in confirmation email:

Screenshot:

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• My bad. Had seen this but then got some kind of mental blindess. Even knowing that the default Confirmation email subject could be changed (ie. overriden), I got fixated with the idea of having a better (imho) default value.
    Thanks (and sorry for wasting your time).

This discussion has been closed.