Skip to content

Config.php Troubleshooting

edited November 2012 in Questions
I am having problems setting up the config.php file.... I have keyed in all the appropriate info, but still getting an error.

Can someone give me an example of a properly setup config.php file.... thanks

Comments

• Hi Jason - may I know what error you're getting?

For APP_PATH, you need to fill in the full URL to your Sendy installation.

For example, if you installed Sendy on http://domain.com/sendy, this should be your APP_PATH.

Database details needs no introduction, unless otherwise? The last line, COOKIE_DOMAIN - you can leave this alone.
  • Thank you for the quick response... I was able to fix the problem, but now have a new problem.
    Following the startup guide, step 3... I filled out the information, then clicked Install Now. The next page that comes up is a Log In page, but every time I enter the email address I entered on the previous page, it brings me back to the log in page..... what am I doing wrong?
  • Here is some additional info, if needed... I am using a GoDaddy hosted server and I have verified that mod_rewrite is on
  • You're welcome.

I cannot replicate this problem. Is the password correct? Have you tried forgot password?

If you've tried forgot password and still does not work, can you retrieve your error log so that we can see what exactly the problem is? I see you're on GoDaddy, here's how to retrieve your error logs http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/1197/working-with-error-logs

Please retrieve your error log right after you try logging in so that we can see the error in the last (few) lines.
  • I tried forget password. When the new password is entered it takes a few seconds, but comes back to the Login page

Error logs are not supported on Economy - Linux Shared Hosting plans, which is what I have.... sorry

Any suggestions other than upgrading my service to get the error logs?
  • If you don't mind, PM me your FTP info so that I can troubleshoot directly using the Sendy files on your server.
  • BenBen
    edited November 2012
    Hi Jason,

After checking your installation, I noticed that for some reason you commented out define('COOKIE_DOMAIN', ''); in /includes/config.php (see screenshot below). This causes Sendy to not to run correctly, hence you weren't able to login.

I've 'uncommented' the line and was able to log in.

This discussion has been closed.