Skip to content

Sendy Stopping

JayJay
edited November 2012 in Troubleshooting
I've started having a problem with Sendy stopping while sending a campaign in the last two days. I've sent 7 campaigns while increasing the number of subscribers each time. The first 5 all went fine, then the last two started stopping a lot.

I have the cron job setup and always schedule the campaigns to start around midnight. This morning's campaign sent the first 13,085 with no problem and then started stopping after roughly every 1390 emails. It stopped after 13,085, 14,474, 15,864, and 17,256. Each time I have to hit the 'resume' button.

Help!

Comments

• It's a server timeout issue, hence we built the resume function. But we're working to add 'auto cron resume' soon.

One question, is your cron command using 'php' or 'curl'?
  • Thanks for the quick reply, Ben.

It's using php, should I switch to curl?

Why would it get through 13,000 without timing out and then timeout every 1,390?
  • You're welcome. It's because the resume button doesn't use cron to send, hence the server timeout is shorter. We'll improve on this.
  • Is there an ETA on this and/or multi-threading?

I'm asking in the nicest possible tone of voice.
  • Auto resume via cron and transferring emails to Amazon in parallel is two of our top priority. All I can say is 'as soon as possible'.
  • Can we get instructions on switching to Curl, i've tried adding the command to my cron job in cpanel, sendy gives me this code -L -s http://myapppath/scheduled.php > /dev/null 2>&1 , im not quite sure on how to check if we're using php or Curl
  • @syedahmed No you shouldn't switch to curl as it will be exactly how the sending script is called by cron resulting in shorter time out. We switched from curl to php command in the later versions of Sendy.

I looked at your code and realized that it's curl, have you updated to the latest version of Sendy? I highly recommend it. :)
  • Haven't updated but will definitely after this campaign is done, it times out after about 1280 emails hope the update fixes that :)
  • The next version will handle time out and introduce multi-threading, we're currently working on it and it's coming together very nicely. Hoping to release it soon.
  • Thanks Ben, appreciate the work you guys are doing to tackle to issue and looking forward to the new version. I just updated my sendy to 1.09 for now
This discussion has been closed.