Skip to content

Does Sendy flag complaints for double opt-in confirmation emails?

edited September 2017 in Questions

We've seen SES report many complaints for the same unconfirmed email address. Upon looking at the logs we've seen that email address signing up over and over again. We've blocked the IP address they were submitting from, and are investigating CAPTCHA and other techniques to protect the list further, but it seems like a design problem for an unconfirmed subscriber, who has complained about our double-opt-in confirmation email, to be able to sign up again.

We're still using Sendy 2.x. If this has been resolved in 3.x I'd be grateful if you'd let me know, so I can upgrade the software. But could you let me know either way whether this problem has problem has been resolved or if it's an ongoing issue?

Comments

• Hi,

Please see below change log starting from version 3.0:

Screenshot:

Any subscribers who are marked as spam or bounced will not be re-activated again when they attempt to re-signup.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Ben, thank you so much for the detailed reply. We'll upgrade to 3.x in the next week or so.

I don't make any serious attempt to monetize Vegan.com's newsletter, but it has 28,000 subscribers and I think it's an important offering for our community. There'd be no way I could afford to keep it going if I was using MailChimp or AWeber, so I'm incredibly happy and grateful that the Sendy platform exists.

-Erik

• Hi Erik,

I am very glad to hear Sendy is of great value to you, thank you for your support! :)

Best regards,
    Ben

This discussion has been closed.